Acrylic Painting with Amy Scherer
with Amy Scherer
Mondays starting December 4th for three weeks. Last class is 18th.
1:00 - 3:00 pm
This three-session class will further develop our understanding of acrylic paint. We will start with large shapes of general color and work toward smaller shapes and more specific colors. New students are welcome to join!
In the first class, we will discuss the image we will work from, develop a palette, and begin the first stage of our painting. Over the next two sessions, we will further develop our painting and our understanding of what it is about. Everyone has a different pace; some may not finish a work, while others may make more than one.
Some painters prefer more guidelines, and some not so much! The idea is to add a little bit more knowledge to your toolbox. You do not have to follow the directions strictly. That being said, limitations can be great instructors. I recommend working 9x12 and up, but not over 11x14. Making smaller paintings more frequently is more helpful than struggling with a larger work. Working on a painting pad specific to acrylic/water-media is perfect.
All supplies are available for purchase at the studio (Students get a discount). Please stop in or send a email before class to make sure we have what you need.
● Strathmore 400 Acrylic paper - durable, heavyweight paper (246lb, 400 g/M2) is perfect for Acrylic painting as are canvas boards. 9x12 up to 11x17. I am currently working on 11x14, canvas boards.
● Paint, Golden Open Acrylics, or regular Acrylic if you prefer. I use OPEN acrylic by Golden.
● Please do not bring “decorative” paints or “Artists Loft” like you see at Michaels or “pour” paints.
● Brushes (princeton sets from Michaels are fine, I use them) flats, rounds, filberts assortment
● Palettes knives for mixing and painting
● Mostly, do not worry, it’s a killer of joy. We will muddle through!
An image to work from will be provided or you may use your own
Dec 4 - 18th, 2023
Mon for 3 weeks from 1:00 - 3:00 pm
Picket Fence Art Studio
14700 148th Ave NE
Woodinville, WA 98072 Get directions